Friday, July 9, 2010

Sun in Leo, Moon in Libra

Sun in Leo, Moon in Libra

Sitting here, in the cluttered fan-cooled kitchen
While a storm-brewing wind rustles
through the garden below.
The California wine tastes tart and sticky.
The wine tells me stories, you know.
It's the redness and the way the light reflects
against the glass, along with the drug.
Hearing voices in the silent darkness,
I listen without question.
As the night slowly falls,
I envision fantasies of former lives:
Glistening ball gowns and a smiling orange moon
in a starlit sky appear in my mind's eye
along with
jugglers and dancers.
A fortune-telling maiden in glorious rags
places cards upon a table:
"The red one is Death; the white one is Honour;
the green one is Fortune; the blue one is Love."
She lives in a log cabin with a unicorn and goat
who feed and clothe her and keep her safe.
There are many things I need to know
and few to tell me.
So I listen to the wine's stories.
I wish it were my garden, below.
I would go out barefoot and gather ripe vegetables
under the moon,
breathing deeply of the cool night air.

No comments:

Post a Comment