Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fool's journey

The Earth screams
People die before their time
Or never get much life
Species die, their music silenced
Crazy theories of wealth
belie obligation or simple seeing
the laws of consequence
Scream Earth!
Pierce the cosmos with your
terrible cry
Acid rain burning through gold
falls
 
 
A long and twisty journey
to find myself where I started
never having gone at all...
 

Half a Page of Scribbled Lines
 
Stone cottage
Enchanted fireplace flickers stories
old and new
Giants and waterfalls
Energy sprites in flight
casting luminescent nets
bewitched between.
Walk sedately
sweep for malevolent intent
subliminally aware
Psychic feelers
Unobtrusive surveillance
Brain shaking data bombardment
Tiny spinal fractures emit
memory, reason, the capacity to love.
 
Realities Doorway
 
Free to wander
all the stories that
could ever be,
choose the ones I
like the best
to tell myself
in sleepy morning
smiles.
The sacred doorway stands open
my little house surrounded
in gentle blue heaven.
Over landscape bold and bright
soft-hued bubbles
carry enchantment
voyage sirens call
blessed reefs of serenity
eternally
sea-washed
sparkle in play with sun-warmed
sands.
Dream on, to
interweave, to enhance
Outside my doorway
there are eternities more.
 
 
Over the Rainbow
 
New edge, over the rainbow
arches through iridescent swamp,
lush green
fantasies
mystic desert silken kissed
with poppy-killing snow.
Who do we ever really know?
Sins and shadows
Erupt like boils, or
volcanoes dormant for years,
Sardonic smiles:
"Caught you!  Thought I was blind?
Or a fool!  Can't catch me twice, with
one eye sleeping.  My fury knows
no writs nor injunctions.
Take your medicine, writhe in
agony; lose integrity,
become a thing of poignant
beauty, limping off into bitter
days."
No defense.  No glory.
I sneak through a crack in
the world.
Here in the center, we bake bread,
forge goldless treasure, sing
holy dreams into the ears of
misbegotten slaves.
Sometimes a song on the radio,
slipping through the airwaves,
tells us something true.
Sometimes I look at you,
and see a wondrous child,
rainbows shining in
wide-open dreaming eyes.
 
 
Listen to the heart of bliss.
Lie on open sand, smelling vibrance
under oceanic starlit sky
Breeze breathes eternity, opening
inward to see intricately
expansive poetry --
thought in magnificent splendor.
All art is magical; all magic is art.
Yet they are not the same, and part
of a grander landscape.
 
 
empire
 
Standing askew as the inexorable boot commands
squeezing out gems, polished and pure.
Paid in bread and circuses.
Bathed in raw entitlement
dreams of ravaging, raping at will
drinking bright blood doped with
ecstatic thrill
casting lot that promised reward
be assured.
Cold, this world.
Shadow sans Sun.
Listless lapping at sparkling carbonation.
Sinking below matter and form
into terror stories;
taking warmth from smoldering coals.
As tomorrow continues today
your heart dissipates
dispersing pearls of wisdom.
 
 
She loved the world of screaming suns and malignant moons. It carried her emptiness into blazing symphonies that only she would dance within. In quiet dreams it pleased her to believe she sought another. None would appear with the grace to dance just so, to harmonize her music.
 
 
Evolution, Conscious Divinity sending out bolts of energy and matter and saying: "Let there be life!" Whatever. Just blind moths in the darkness burning for the light.
 
 
It's so cruel
all you learn in school
is mocking behavior
reciting the rule
not that life's there to savor
for the free playful fool
 
 
Neptune's Fool
 
I burst my bubble daily
just to feel the pain
I paint my face up gaily
to melt out in the rain
My bag of tricks is magic
But no one calls to buy
I wish my life were tragic
Horrendously awry
That would explain my sad refrain
so bravely strong, heroic
a saint, stately and stoic
But in truth I'm just a bum
the very lowest sum
of higher expectations.
So, elbow up and drown in
my libations
(salutations, obviously optional).
It's not that I'm exceptional
(what a wrench that was to say)
but that the conventional
I label reprehensible
snake crawls into my Freudian
super-nanny state
No longer can I deny reliance
on strangers of kindness who never stick around.
So please, kindly grant to me,
feed my sustaining fantasy,
Hear me, and answer:  "How profound!"
 
 
A Fool I've been
walking behind visions
cringing from derision
seeking solace from a merry Moon
too soon gone old
Checking back on follies
sticking pins in pain -- jolly?
no, morose, cold ... 
Harridan crone
Have my wanderings sown
no happy harvest, no cozy home?
Snuggling into punishing remorse
"You knew you should have run a better course!"
"You know you deserve to be alone."
Is that true?  Am I the Fool careening
down the precipice,
broken, no meaning;
is this my hapless fate?
Or my self-hate insisting I mistake
a journey for a goal?
A Fool can be a cherished, merry soul
dancing the golden mountain trail
reveling in freezing rain and snow
tasting the bite without bitterness
This I know
 
 
April 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment