Saturday, September 25, 2010

Returning

Returning

If I could turn again
If I could turn
If I could
If I
If
I

Flying too high
confused, losing oxygen's fire
infused with inthusing desire
Touch me
Don't take me down

You, who never knew me
grasping at space where
I may have lain
Laugh to my face
exploding in pain
while you writhe
O', that's no way to survive
I'll encase you in goo that
allows you to see me inside intricate mind
Each molecule of remorse
creeping out of your eyes
replace with sweet water
of life, grace effervescing.
I want you to thrive
be better than 
still life man.

Rocky mires face all who
walk this ridge
Patience, take time to build up
bridges, irrigation ditches, 
inch by plodding inch, plotting
fields of grain, barrels for rain,
roofs, walls, windowpanes,
chimneys for warm hearths below.
Flowing rivers reveal lines for exploration,
mining ores, 
mine and yours, 
that element missing from accounting calculations,
Earth and her hordes, minions endemic to every
ecosphere
Wherever did you hear that enmity
would take you anywhere but here?
Dear, darling man, so wrapped up in
some plan you think you've sussed;
giving up your birthright and your trust
without second opinion;
believing written history makes mystery clear.
How can I find a way to make you hear?
Why should I any longer care?
Off am I, breathing higher air.
No need to share with those who 
daren't climb.
Sublimity, subliminally inclined --
nothing more to reach for.
No need 
If there is a you, and you choose,
touch me.
Don't take me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment