Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pray for Miracles (the merely improbable we can do for ourselves)

Pray for Miracles (the merely improbable we can do for ourselves)

Be not stingy in your prayers
The point is not bargaining with your God
"Please, Sir, I will be at peace with my loneliness and low IQ; just bring me a man who won't beat me."
"Dear Lord, thank you so much for my severely deformed son.  He does not know me, or himself, or anything but excruciating pain.  At least he is alive."
No!
While you are praying, dare to create the most wondrous of visions, your best possible life -- the whole enchilada:
The rich savory meat, spicy sweet sauce soaking through chewy luxury of melted cheese, wrapped in such satisfying crunchy manna.
Dare to open your soul to the grandest of feasts, that you may share with those your prayer guides you to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment