Thursday, September 23, 2010

Friendly Ghosts

Friendly Ghosts
 
That's the missing piece!
Have all the horrible feelings, enjoy them,
revel in them.
Make them my own,
intimate acquaintances,
sharing secrets,
giggling over badly ironic humor,
forgiving our trespasses, and
admitting to the thrill.

I am responsible
for my own feelings,
who are also my buddies,
co-conspirators in the
b & e of life.
Hail to thee, laughing sprites,
flying pixies,
gut-jabbing daemons
incanting chemical baths
invading my neural net.
I salute you.
I bow to the waist,
convulsing into belly laughs
-- you are so droll.
We are of an essence.
A package, tied up in nervous bows,
inhabited by scurrying creatures 
who answer to a common name.
My daemons, my closest friends,
truly understand.
My friends and I,
we are starting to comprehend.
Joyful work to do,
each according to our abilities.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment