Thursday, September 23, 2010

Spiraling

Spiraling

Where do I start?
How do I end?
Where am I going
in circles, in circles
Can't catch a break
or a smile, or a friend
Tell me true, would someone like you
hold me encircled
in sweet, strong arms
hold me close and whisper
"all is well"?
It's Hell! I tell you
when Heaven seems so near
But the fear, it circles
keeping me so tight,
so trembling,
so dis-eased.
It's not that there's someone
who needs to be pleased
by my shame, by my fame
which escaped me,
by my deep prone supplication,
by my pain.
But if I don't please them,
they're sure to shut me down.
I know, you must know
what I mean.
I see you hiding those tears,
acting like fear is the killer
of souls.
What I need to know:
Could someone like you
hold me so tight
make it all right
tell me you care
always be there
deep in the night when I
just need to write
one more freak-out poem?
Could you be a safe home
for my poetry and me
in those times when it
kills me to hide
in circles, in circles?

No comments:

Post a Comment