Saturday, September 18, 2010

Consolation

Consolation

A glaze over my mind, my eyes out of focus.
There may be reasons for everything, but they are not mine.
The air so thick with lies, another layer will choke us.
Truth's shining angel, hovers outside the line.

When I try
When I cry
When I enter your room
The lights go out
The blankets divide.
It's not that I want to rustle your gloom.
It's that I want what's inside,
the fear you hold dear
the smile you hide.

Long ago I believed in a dream of the future.
I made a wish on the Moon, floating so free.
Rushing on stage, I still miss my cue, for
dreams jumble their meaning, wishes double their fee.

I had a song that I sang that once gave me solace.
I had a prayer in my soul I thought kept me on course.
But the poison we're fed to restrain and corral us
Has driven me hard and too far from the source.

I reach out in the dark
past the miles, past the years
I reach out for a spark
still burning despite the tears
I reach out for the words, 
to make it all right
I reach out for a comrade in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment