Friday, September 24, 2010

Self-Defense

Self-Defense

The calmness of the night
with no one
but me 
and the cat and the music
Sentient spirits
out of reach, out of time
feel my yearning
for soft waves, perfumed
in ozone
on a moonlit beach
Gentle, wafting breezes
carry me
Paradise is a state of mind
warm, loving seas
caressing care and callous
into quiescence
Some are born to battle
to die sadly on rocky
foreign terrain
If I could give them peace
If I could discover
words and gestures
to bind us all 
in peaceful, happy
equilibrium
I would so gladly reach out
so far my arms would break
I would sing above the fray,
sweetly, soulfully,
mesmerizing
I would open the walls
of Paradise
Would you enter?
Would you swim these delicious streams,
drink the nectar of precious dreams?
Would you be so happy
to play
swept away 
in sweet music?
Or grumblingly never
look past the sign:
No Weapons Allowed
?

No comments:

Post a Comment