Saturday, September 18, 2010

Give and Take

Give and Take

Taking it all into myself
Thus has it always been so
Taking it all and twisting and tweaking
Making it all into a blessing
I see visions, I hear angels
Let me take you into myself
Let me bless you
Let me believe in you
Let me see through your eyes,
Walk on your legs,
Imagine with your biography.
I can but touch you.  So poignantly.
What I do never matters.
What I say has no gravitas.
What I pray for
gets lost in the queue of prayers.
I am breathing
crisp air of autumn's evening
I am walking
mist obscures my view.
Lost in a vision, in a Van Gogh painting,
hysterical laughter, gut wrenching tears,
a vision of weeping, knees bent and falling
permission I grant me.
I am loving with open heart
a frightened child who once declared
I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment