Saturday, September 18, 2010

Straw Sky

Straw Sky

Straw sky
Westerly
Moonless, Sunless, Starless
Leaveless trees pointing gnarly fingers
to the heavens
deepening into darkness
 
Frayed and tattered dreams
Lucid praying
A feeling beyond touch
Beyond fear or sadness
A feeling unlike hope
Without reason
Formless
Yet delineated
Like constellations.
 
I make motions with my hands,
Move my skin into contact
With ineffable realms,
Move with the oozing miasma
Creating signs in faint luminescence.
Bit by bit they encompass
the night's horizon.
 
But there is more.
It comes to me in dribs and drabs,
Droning, encircling, swooping in and out.
I organize a study chamber
Pull out maps and rulers,
Set my quill to taking notes.
Images engaged in excited conversation
Pull me in to their heady company.
 
I can feel the sky breaking around me,
Bits of colored prisms falling.
Make a wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment