Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yearly Review

Yearly Review

Drinking my visions
from a multi-faceted crystal goblet
encrusted with multi-faceted precious jewels
inscribing powerful symbols.
Spirit sprites dance merrily akimbo
iridescent smoke
wafting out into they sky.
Moving out of form to kiss me
gently, teasingly,
licking my lips, brushing my eyelids.
I am tickled into foot-slapping laughter.
Rising to the occasion,
I quaff in toast to the spirit
of merriment,
balancing into a whirling grace.
What fun!
Carrying graceless leaden sacks
across my still lacerated back,
taking my sustenance from weeping,
how can I reconcile?
Vivid vivacious visions
come calling for my friendship,
offering vibrant love, heroic adventure.
Knowing nothing of formal arrangements,
they giggle and tease,
plait my hair with rainbow ribbons,
urge me to race out with them
in play.
To whom did I make those promises,
and why,
that keep me back 
in the dusty, noxious warehouse
dying of the poison thorns
embedded in my golden chains.

No comments:

Post a Comment